Wednesday, May 17, 2006

One in a Row


The Cubs shut out the Nationals as Carlos Zambrano was dominant, striking out eight in eight innings.

Jacque Jones again was doubled off second base, killing a bases loaded rally, and was booed lustily. He was booed his next at bat, and in the ninth, a drunk girl threw a ball at him. To his credit, he didn’t rip all of the fans. "I'll take whatever is coming to me," Jones said. "But I'm still going to go out and play the game hard, like I always have."


Sat in the AGA box last night with LHFDW, and it was quite the scene. Maybe I am just getting old, but the level of distraction in the crowd was unbelievable. There was a group of recent college graduates getting plastered on beer, mai tais and the vodka they brought to the ballpark. The best part was the fact that the first guys there had room for about four people, and I swear nine people came to sit in the space.

Part of me wanted to be a snob and be disgusted that they weren’t paying attention, and part of me wanted to party with 22 year olds. So, I did a little of both.

I came to another conclusion last night as well. Digital cameras are ruining the trick of sticking one’s head into others pictures. In the good old days, people wouldn’t find out that you stuck your head into the picture until weeks later when the film was developed. Last night, I made myself part of the picture, but then the girl saw the picture and deemed my appearance in the picture “creepy.” That hurt.

Another highlight was the young Kim Delaney who was allowing her pants to drift down low enough to provide a nice show until her boyfriend saw it and made her cover up.

No comments: