Friday, April 07, 2006

Opening Day


I don’t go to Opening Day. My season ticket partner made it part of his agreement to split the tickets with me, and since then, I did pay through the nose for those bogus Roger Maris Family seats. LaTroy Hawkins blew the save, and I left with sunburn on one side of my face on a 55 degree day.

Today, Opening Day will be crowded for the first couple of innings, and then when the weather really seeps in, everyone will retire to the nearest bar. Like New Year’s Eve, and St. Patrick’s Day, the Home Opener is Amateur Night. Besides, I would rather take the day off for a Friday game in July or August.

I am going tomorrow, and I will be at Bernie’s before the game. Outside, by the ATM. Asking Cardinal fans if Darryl Kile is pitching this weekend. That really pisses them off.

No comments: