Sure, he pitches every day and seems to be completely average, but meet your new Mike Remlinger.
And, he has a personal gameplan...if I can just remember where I found it...my mind just wanders....
- Focus on short-term goals. I focus on the here and now. I tackle only what I need to accomplish at that time, rather than thinking about everything I have to do for the day/week.
- Get organized. I use a personal digital organizer to keep track of my schedule, appointments and errands.
- Follow my doctor’s orders. My doctor recommends a treatment program that includes focus techniques and medication – and it works! I also take the medication my doctor prescribed for me at the same time every day.
- Manage my symptoms consistently the whole day. Sticking with a treatment program that includes focus techniques and a medication that works for 12 hours is important for a better day at work on the ball field and at home with my wife and two boys.
- Communicate. I don’t try to manage my ADHD alone. I rely on a team – my doctor, wife and teammates to help me manage my ADHD.