Monday, October 17, 2005

"These are times that try men’s souls…” Thomas Paine


*** A LITTLE SUGAR TO MAKE THE MEDICINE GO DOWN ***

So, I was wrong. Not only did they get out of the first round, but they are going to the World Series.

For the first time in my lifetime, Chicago will host the World Series, and I won’t be there. In fact, I will not be watching.

I guess you have to give Ozzie Guillen credit, he did it.

The Game Two bullshit involving the gutless Doug Eddings, in his final postseason appearance, methinks, has faded into the woodwork, though it undeniably was the turning point, or let’s say tipping point, in the series. No one will really remember this when discussing the season.

So, what now, for a life-long Cubs hater? Keep a low profile, speak only when spoken to, and quietly hope they lose to whoever they play.

Still, they and their pathetic fans will have the final word.

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH!

No comments: